Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow the Business Intelligence Team to service them. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are looking for people who have worked in the Digital Marketing or Media agency environment before, someone who is knowledgeable, confident, understands the importance of excellent customer service and someone who is a real team player.
Sprout is on the hunt for an experienced Business Development Manager that wants to grow new business for Sprout. He or she should be a digital media / marketing professional with an understanding of the performance media industry. Great network within blue chip advertisers and able to present at a board level. Reports to Director of Commercial and Client Services.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Building new relationships and cultivating new business for Sprout.
- Creating sales propositions, proposals and presentations.
- Achieving new business accounts of certain size, hitting generated lead targets.
- Exceeding new client introduction meetings, which convert into leads
- Generate revenue from new clients – first month revenue plus setup fees
- Attending a selection of industry events for the purpose of networking and generating leads.
- Working collaboratively with client services and the operations teams to create new and innovative digital offerings.
- Write compelling sales copy as well as strong phone negotiation skills and running effective face-to-face meetings.
- Identify prospective clients and develop loyal customer relationships via phone and face-to-face.
- Consistently be able to persuade the customer into a positive buying commitment in addition to possessing the necessary closing skills.
- To acquire buy-in from executive-level decision makers.
- Responsible for administration and signing of new contracts, SLA and NDA.
- 3 years + experience having worked as a Business Development Manager.
- Degree or diploma in sales / marketing / business management or similar.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent relationship management and people skills.
- Ability to think strategically and put plans into action.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, results orientated environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be willing to go the extra mile.
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
- Entrepreneurial, energetic and competitive team player
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Time management and organisational skills
- Be an honest, transparent and trustworthy team member
WHY SPROUT PERFORMANCE?
- With enough drive and ambition, you can develop your own career path and chart your own course;
- We pioneer first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in web and social advertising;
- We know retail e-Commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech savvy and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- Based in Woodstock Exchange we are in a really snazzy part of town;
- Parking! I know right? Actual off-street parking in Cape Town;
- Internet so fast it will make your head spin;
- A ‘Take what you need’- leave policy (T&C’s apply);
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- We offer a Medical Aid Subsidy too!
Preferred Start Date: 1 October 2017 / 1 November 2017
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations.
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.