Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow our Search team. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are looking for a Head of Search to successfully shape the growth of the team and where there is scope, to make a genuine and tangible impact on the business.
As the Head of Search, you will be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for hitting target spend once campaigns are booked.
- Responsible and accountable for managing a team of Search Professionals.
- Accountable for performance of campaigns (review and sign off each campaign strategy)
- Accountable for P&L and forecasting – provide forecast and a recruitment plan.
- Communicate clear recommendations and results to key stakeholders internally and client-side.
- Manage internal resources efficiently to deliver professional results in a timely manner.
- Check and report on tracked hours for the Search department on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for developing and nurturing Search talent within the agency.
- Ensure a training plan is setup and updated for the Search department quarterly to ensure growth and development takes place.
- Ensure staff feel appropriately tasked and challenged including rotation between clients as and when required.
- Be involved in every review and objective setting session for search team members.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and sub-ordinates.
- Staying at the forefront of Search knowledge, by keeping up to date with industry news, developments and best practices.
- Maintain clear project plans and report on progress.
- Reports to the Digital Operations Director
- 5+ years having worked in the Search environment and/or as a Search Team Lead.
- Degree or diploma in Digital Marketing / Marketing or similar
- Experience in managing big budget campaigns
- Strong grasp for numbers – analytically minded
- Performance driven / focused
- Strong Team Management skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives.
- Ability to write comprehensive insights
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to work well in a team as well as independently and responsibly
- A passion for the online industry
- A true paid search enthusiast!
- Certified in AdWords fundamentals, fundamentals advanced, Google Shopping & Mobile
- Certified in DoubleClick for Search
- Certified in DCM
- Certified in Google Analytics
WHY SPROUT PERFORMANCE?
- With enough drive and ambition, you can develop your own career path and chart your own course;
- We pioneer first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in web and social advertising;
- We know retail e-Commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech savvy and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- Based in Woodstock Exchange we are in a really snazzy part of town;
- Parking! I know right? Actual off-street parking in Cape Town;
- Internet so fast it will make your head spin;
- A ‘Take what you need’- leave policy (T&C’s apply);
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- We offer a Medical Aid Subsidy too!
Preferred Start Date: 1 November 2017/1 December 2017
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations.
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.