Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow the Business Intelligence Team to service them. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are looking for people who have worked in the Digital Marketing or Media agency environment before, someone who is knowledgeable, confident, understands the importance of excellent customer service and someone who is a real team player.
Sprout is on the hunt for an experienced SEO leader that wants to grow the SEO department and its clients for Sprout. He or she should have strong leadership & technical skills to be able to build and train teams. The SEO senior/lead is also responsible to provide monthly reports, quarterly and annual reviews with insights and recommendations across clients.
This position reports to Digital Operations Director.
As a Senior SEO / SEO Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- The leadership and development of SEO specialists. (lead, support, coach and train staff)
- Involvement in the SEO recruitment process.
- Departmental Training for SEO specialists.
- Sprout Lite Program (SEO internship programme)
- SEO Management;
- develop and execute successful SEO strategies
- conduct keyword research
- review technical SEO issues
- optimize website content, landing pages etc.
- collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects.
- keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends.
- P&L Sheets and forecasting for SEO.
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Business or related field or experience
- Proven experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Training teams
- Financial management (P&L’s, forecasting, staff planning, budgets, spend etc)
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- People’s person – be a mentor / a coach.
- Inspired by and interested in technology & tech innovation.
- Ability to inspire and encourage others.
- Ability to delegate
- Internal actualisation; self-driven; positive outlook on life; professional approach.
- Assertive nature; logical thinker.
- Possess ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g. Conductor, Screaming Frog, MOZ) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc)
- Good understanding of web infrastructure, hosting, development architectures
- Training and presentation skills (team-building and talent development)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Quality assurance.
- Time management (planning and scheduling)
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Exercise authority effectively.
- Emotional intelligence.
WHY SPROUT PERFORMANCE?
- With enough drive and ambition, you can develop your own career path and chart your own course;
- We pioneer first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in web and social advertising;
- We know retail e-Commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech savvy and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- Based in Woodstock Exchange we are in a really snazzy part of town;
- Parking! I know right? Actual off-street parking in Cape Town;
- Internet so fast it will make your head spin;
- A ‘Take what you need’- leave policy (T&C’s apply);
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- We offer a Medical Aid Subsidy too!
Preferred Start Date: 1 February 2018 / 1 March 2018
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool agency – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations and notice period.
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.