Who is Sprout in a nutshell?
We’re an independent digital performance agency and a certified Google Marketing Platform Partner with representation across Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Our ethos is Performance in Partnership, and it is those partnerships that allow us to unlock collective success. Our performance media teams offer full-funnel media buying, working closely with our strategy team to deliver results.
Our consulting division works closely with our partners to configure their digital platforms for optimal performance and advance their digital maturity. In practice, this means developing and implementing technology roadmaps in accordance with globally recognised frameworks that optimise your use of digital marketing technology and future proof your business.
Why should you apply at Sprout performance?
- We are an agency that values its people and recognises that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual.
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations.
- We build our agency around our people and their talents.
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology.
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech.
- We uplift and transfer skills to our own teams and make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space.
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches on Thursdays!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year.
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
- We have been working remotely since the Covid-19 pandemic
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an unemployed graduate to join our digital marketing team who is passionate about marketing and technology to take part in the SEO internship programme we have on offer.
- Learn how to conduct a technical audit
- Interpret and present technical findings from technical audits.
- Identify keyword opportunities
- Understand different types of keyword optimisation and placement of key terms on a website.
- Understand how keyword research forms part of content auditing.
- Learn how to conduct weekly technical health checks
- Research into SEO best practices
- Learn how to track and interpret data in Google Analytics & Search Console
- Understand all Google penalties
- Identify potential solutions to prevent Google penalties
- Learn to create monthly reports and analyse the data
- Learn how to write insights within reports.
- Understand the concept of blogging and write a blog of your own.
- Learn how to take accountability and responsibility for your own work.
- Be able to work within teams and value collaboration.
- Understand and apply the importance of presenting accurate data for reports.
- Understand and apply the importance of working within deadlines and managing time effectively.
- Understand and adhere to invoicing and reporting processes.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of other departments.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the client’s business and industry to ensure greater appreciation.
- Learn how to keep up to date with industry trends and new platform developments
- Diploma or degree in marketing and advertising or similar
- Certifications in digital marketing a bonus!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about technology
- Good with managing time
- Thrives from working in teams
- Logical thinker and emotional maturity
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please submit your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview.
Please include your salary expectations
Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.