Who is Sprout in a nutshell?
We’re an independent digital performance agency and a certified Google Marketing Platform Partner with representation across Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Our ethos is Performance in Partnership, and it is those partnerships that allow us to unlock collective success. Our performance media teams offer full-funnel media buying, working closely with our strategy team to deliver results.
Our consulting division works closely with our partners to configure their digital platforms for optimal performance and advance their digital maturity. In practice, this means developing and implementing technology roadmaps in accordance with globally recognised frameworks that optimise your use of digital marketing technology and future proof your business.
Why should you apply at Sprout performance?
- We are an agency that values its people and recognises that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual.
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations.
- We build our agency around our people and their talents.
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology.
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech.
- We uplift and transfer skills to our own teams and make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space.
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches on Thursdays!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year.
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
- We have been working remotely since the Covid-19 pandemic
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Digital Media Strategist, who has a passion for creating cross-channel digital media strategies with experience across the Google Marketing Platform and Social Channels.
- Creating and/or driving cross-channel strategies across all clients and prospective clients
- All strategies either created or in collaboration with internal teams with all strategies going through a quality assurance process -> Review and sign off each strategy.
- New business presentations to be delivered with a new business team.
- Contribute to innovative thinking, publisher news, new products, trends etc.
- Ensure strategies are proactive and innovative, and in line with thinking & trends
- Understanding the Google Marketing Platform (GMP) and how SPP utilises it
- Understanding Social channels and how SPP utilises them
- Ensure reporting ties back to strategy, and clients’ overall business objective is monitored from a bird’s eye perspective.
- Build relationships with Publishers and Media Owners
- Assess Publisher offerings and make recommendations to tie into strategies
- Check-in on segment campaigns to ensure they are performing in accordance with the strategy
- Develop learnings from strategies to carry forward
- Digital media agency background with 3+ years, strategy background essential
- Previous work on big brands a must
- Leadership and personality management is essential in this role.
- Confident in ability to present and engage with clients
- Proficient in creating and driving digital media strategies cross-channel
- Master of digital marketing (performance marketing)
- Understanding the role of digital in the wider marketing mix, brand and digital strategies and ability to create digital media strategies based on them
- Have the ability or an understanding of how Search, Display and Social campaigns are created
- Be able to maintain strong working relationships with other relevant departments.
- The ability to analyse current results and channel performance with the scope to adjust and expand in new directions both for the agency and key clients.
- Knowledge in Campaign Manager, DV360, Search, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Direct Buys, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager is a bonus
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Inspired by and interested in technology & tech innovation.
- Ability to inspire and encourage others.
- Internal actualisation; self-driven; positive outlook on life; professional approach.
- Assertive nature; logical thinker.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Work independently with a high degree of responsibility.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP.
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please submit your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview.
Please include your notice period and salary expectations
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.