Business Unit Director | Johannesburg
Who is Sprout in a nutshell?
Sprout is the first fully integrated performance focused digital media agency in Africa. In addition, we are a leading performance partner and technology specialist. Sprout differentiates itself by approaching digital media across all channels, by optimising from the awareness phase to the conversion phase. We look at the role of the channel and the phase of the campaign, adapting creative copy and bidding strategies (across device) in order to make sure we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right time, at the right price. We are also the only agency in Africa to be invited by Google DoubleClick at the International Programmatic Masterclass in London (UK) in Dec 2016.
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual.
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and mould our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations.
- We build our agency around our people and their talents.
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology.
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech.
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space.
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices.
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
You too can join a team of down to earth people who enjoy meaningful work as much as you do. If you have a passion for technology and innovation, then what are you waiting for?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a business unit director who is passionate and driven to lead the client services team to greatness. Someone who has the ability to drive the growth and profitability for multiple sets of client relationships.
Key focus areas;
- Lead a team of client service professionals working on client projects and ensure objectives are being met to time and budget.
- Create an environment, working process and working relationship fostering teamwork and excellence.
- Train and guide junior and mid team members to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure teams KPI’s are set and reviewed as per the Evolve @ Sprout process
- Ensure the team is appropriately tasked and challenged.
- Ensure informal staff catch ups happen weekly or bi-weekly to ensure their development is on the right track
- Responsible for ensuring team practices accountability in their areas of responsibilities.
- Delegate and be aware of your deliverables and the team needs to be made aware of theirs.
- Develop roadmaps for the future growth of the department and individuals based on the organisation’s strategic vision, goals, and values.
- Practice accountability in your own areas of responsibility
- Accountable for the overall productivity of the client services department.
- Hold relationships with the most senior clients (GM and C-suite level) and engage meaningfully to drive a partnership model.
- Understand client and stakeholder dynamics and carefully navigate these to create an environment in which the agency can successfully deliver and achieve targets.
- Leads client thinking on strategy development, providing targeted, actionable insights.
- Engage and report at exco level on all agency progress and activity.
- Develop and deliver compelling client/new business presentations
- Accountable for high-level escalations.
- Seeks to upsell and grow revenue intake from clients by eyeing opportunity discovered in conversation.
- Manage service and commercial agreements with clients including signoff, changes, and termination.
- SLA’s to be signed and communicated.
- Accountable for growth and profitability and ensuring accounts achieve set targets.
- Proactively manages and forecasts budgets and revenue streams.
- Manage relevant accounts profitability, and flagging over-servicing or other financial risks, and planning on how to manage these situations.
- Continual learning and research into best practice and tools associated with paid media.
- Play in an advisory role by providing client with consultation on digital marketing trends, techniques, and channels.
- Understand the client’s organisation, structure, products and services, and keep up to date with any changes.
- Regularly train client service and campaign manager teams.
- Take your professional growth seriously, by preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned for you, including workshops and department sessions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop direct reports.
- Proficient in digital marketing
- Ability to establish themselves as a trusted strategic business partner to the client.
- Solid understanding of the digital media and social media landscape.
- Strong consumer and target understanding.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and a passion for the client’s’ industry, business, consumer and brands.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients.
- Practices a high level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive or private information.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Timely decision-making skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and solution-finding skills
- Quality management.
- Time management.
- Strong administrative skills and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills on Google and Microsoft packages.
- Emotional competence.
- Degree in advertising/brand management or marketing communications
- Five to seven years in experience in a marketing communications role, strategy, research or marketing
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with clients or equivalent.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview to [email protected]
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.