Chief Financial Officer (CFO) | Cape Town
Who is Sprout Performance in a nutshell?
Sprout Performance is the first fully integrated performance focused digital media agency in Africa. We deliver performance in partnership by building valuable relationships between people, data and businesses. In addition, we are a leading performance partner and Google technology specialist.
Sprout Performance differentiates itself by approaching digital media across the full media mix, by optimising from the awareness phase to the conversion phase across all channels. We look at the role of the channel and the phase of the campaign, adapting creative copy and bidding strategies, (across device), in order to make sure we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right time, at the right price. We apply data driven digital marketing in a customer first world.
Visit our website www.sproutperformance.com
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced CFO, who will play a key role in monitoring and evaluating overall strategy with the leadership team with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing enterprise value.
Purpose of the Role:
- Overseeing the business financial goals, objectives and forecasts.
- Providing useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing business strategy.
- Supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business.
- Responsible for strategy and operational development, implementation and alignment.
- Financial reporting, budgets, forecasting;
- Governance and compliance, stakeholder relationships and people management;
- Cash flow and funds management;
- Tax planning and optimization;
- Responsible for quarterly Board Pack;
- Improve profitability of the business;
- Analysing the customer base and making recommendations accordingly to protect the bottom line (net profit forecasts).
- Qualified CA(SA);
- MBA would be beneficial;
- 5+ years of experience as a CFO;
- Strong digital media or agency experience;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control and reporting;
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model;
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems;
- High level of business acumen;
- Sound decision making skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to debate in a constructive manner and challenge conventional wisdom;
- Ability to grow and develop a senior team.
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual;
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout Performance are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations;
- We build our agency around our people and their talents;
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology;
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech;
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space;
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices;
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance;
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview to [email protected]
Please include your notice period and salary expectations
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.