Digital Account Manager | Cape Town | Johannesburg
Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow the account management team to service them. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
Would you describe yourself as someone who enjoys being in contact with clients on a day-to-day basis to help them grow their business and answer their queries? Are you the kind of person who likes to be organised and ensure campaigns are running smoothly and client’s expectations are being met and managed? Have you been in a client facing position before where you bridged, met and managed the relationship between agency and client?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions – We’d love to hear from you because we are looking for you!
We are looking for people who have worked in the digital marketing or media agency environment before, someone who is knowledgeable, confident, understands the importance of excellent customer service and someone who is a real team player.
As a Digital Account Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for all client communications and managing expectations on all existing accounts;
- Responsible for getting IO’s signed off and agreement on campaign objectives;
- Educating clients on Sprout Performance’s philosophy of Performance Media buying;
- Sources reports and campaign insights from campaign managers and send to the appropriate client contact on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Collaborates with clients and campaign managers on strategy and planning;
- Briefs in new media campaigns to campaign managers and collaborates with campaign managers on performance of current campaigns;
- Briefs in creative work to design team and project management;
- Managing the on-boarding of new clients and presentation of onboarding roadmap and plan of action;
- Continual learning and research into best practice and tools associated with performance media;
- Responsible for correct billing and revenue reporting across your accounts on month end;
- Seeks to upsell and grow revenue intake from clients.
- No cold calling or sales acquisition (new business on non-current accounts) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business related subjects
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a digital marketing or media agency in the role of Account Management / Account Executive (not media sales)
- Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords and DoubleClick products is a bonus
- Strong client service skills; client oriented and highly motivated
- A people person – comfortable with collaboration and can build internal relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales/Consultants/Ad Operations/ Campaign Managers/ Design)
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision-making skills
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual.
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and mould our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations.
- We build our agency around our people and their talents.
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology.
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech.
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space.
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices.
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
You too can join a team of down to earth people who enjoy meaningful work as much as you do. If you have a passion for technology and innovation, then what are you waiting for?
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations and notice period.
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.