Digital Media Strategist (mid-snr) | Johannesburg | Cape Town
Who is Sprout in a nutshell?
Sprout is the first fully integrated performance focused digital media agency in Africa. In addition, we are a leading performance partner and technology specialist. Sprout differentiates itself by approaching digital media across all channels, by optimising from the awareness phase to the conversion phase. We look at the role of the channel and the phase of the campaign, adapting creative copy and bidding strategies (across device) in order to make sure we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right time, at the right price. We are also the only agency in Africa to be invited by Google DoubleClick at the International Programmatic Masterclass in London (UK) in Dec 2016.
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual.
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations.
- We build our agency around our people and their talents.
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology.
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech.
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big dealof uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space.
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices.
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
You too can join a team of down to earth people who enjoy meaningful work as much as you do. If you have a passion for technology and innovation, then what are you waiting for?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Digital Media Strategist, who has a passion for creating cross-channel digital media strategies based on client objectives and in line with the client’s overarching ATL/TTL strategy. Someone who drives innovation and digital media trends, and ensures campaigns run according to strategy.
- Create and/or drive cross-channel strategies across all clients and prospective clients.
- All strategies either created or in collaboration with campaign managers with all strategies going through a quality assurance process -> Review and sign off each strategy.
- New business presentations to be delivered within agreed new business process in collaboration with new business team.
- Contribute to innovative thinking, publisher news, new products, trends etc. set up and running of internal and external workshops.
- Ensure strategies are proactive and innovative, and in line with thinking and trends.
- Monthly reports are well thought through, tied back to strategy, with quality insights and recommendations, on campaign as well as overall account level. Strategist to drive process with regular discussions, data and insights from campaign team (includes account managers and campaign managers).
- Ensure reporting ties back to strategy, and clients’ overall business objective is monitored from a bird’s eye perspective.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
- Train juniors and peers when required.
- Take your professional growth seriously, by preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned for you, including workshops and department sessions.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of other departments.
- Improve knowledge of the client’s business and industry to ensure greater appreciation.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and new platform developments
- Collaborate with account managers in delivering effective client service.
- Ensure account managers and campaign managers are upskilled regularly on how to compile compelling strategies and client reporting.
- Client satisfaction with interactions.
- Present and Engage with C-level clients.
- Digital media agency background with 3+ years, strategy background essential.
- Previous work on big brands.
- Knowledge in DCM, DBM, DS, AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Direct Buys, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager is a bonus.
- Confident in ability to present and engage with clients.
- Proficient in creating and driving digital media strategies cross-channel
- Master of digital marketing (performance marketing).
- Understands the role of digital in the wider marketing mix, brand and digital strategies and ability to create digital media strategies based on them.
- Be able to maintain strong working relationships with other relevant departments.
- The ability to analyse current results and channel performance with the scope to adjust and expand in new directions both for the agency and key clients.
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude.
- Inspired by and interested in technology and tech innovation.
- Ability to inspire and encourage others.
- Internal actualisation; self-driven; positive outlook on life; professional approach.
- Assertive nature; logical thinker.
- Possess ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Work independently with a high degree of responsibility.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview to [email protected]
Please include your notice period and salary expectations
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.