Financial Controller | Cape Town
Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow the account management team to service them. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are seeking for an experienced, qualified accountant that’s looking for a challenging and rewarding role with a rapidly growing digital marketing and media services business. The ideal candidate should ideally have a media background with a good understanding of media reselling and time accounting.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Manage month end invoicing of clients.
- Management of supplier bills, media owners and technology providers payments.
- Maintain and enforce existing documented accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Collaborate with the finance team and ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the finance team and ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Collaborate with the HR team with the payroll function and process salaries in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and ensure backups are made daily.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Produce annual management reports to detail the company’s financial position.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage cash flow requirements and produce the relevant report to management.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the financial manager.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit and BEE audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt agreements.
- Preparation and filing of Vat returns.
- Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- 5+ years working experience
- A media agency background a huge plus
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Management accounting experience
- Cash flow management experience
- Taxation experience
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- A problem solver who can offer effective resolutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong use of software applications such as Google and Microsoft packages
- B-BBEE experience
- Understanding of MAC Sector Codes of Good Practice a plus
- Pastel payroll and accounting software experience
- Advanced Excel
- Emotional competence
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual;
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout Performance are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations;
- We build our agency around our people and their talents;
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology;
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech;
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space;
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices;
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance;
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview to [email protected]
Please include your notice period and salary expectations
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.