Head of Paid Media | Cape Town | Johannesburg
Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies has made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow our Search team. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are looking for a Head of Paid Media to successfully shape the growth of the Search, Display and the Design teams and where there is scope, to make a genuine and tangible impact on the business.
As the Head of Paid Media, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible and accountable for leading a team of Search, Display and Design Professionals.
- Monitor and report on tracked hours for each department monthly.
- Accountable for performance of campaigns across Search, Display, Social & Direct Buy channels (review and sign off each campaign strategy)
- Accountable for P&L and forecasting – provide forecast and recruitment plans for each department.
- Communicate clear recommendations and results to key stakeholders internally and client-side.Manage internal resources efficiently to deliver professional results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and nurturing the Search, Display and Design talent within the agency.
- Ensure a training plan is setup and updated for each department quarterly to ensure growth and development takes place.
- Ensure staff feel appropriately tasked and challenged including rotation between clients as and when required.
- Be involved in every review and objective setting session for each team member reporting directly to the Head of Paid Media.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and sub-ordinates.
- Staying at the forefront of Paid Media knowledge, by keeping up to date with industry news, developments and best practices.
- Maintain clear project plans and report on progress.
- Reports to the Digital Operations Director
- Leadership and personality management is essential in this role with 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing / performance marketing and team management.
- Proven experience in leading teams.
- Degree or diploma in Digital Marketing / Marketing or similar.
- Strong Team Management skills.
- Experience in presenting and engaging with C-level clients.
- Experience in managing big budget campaigns.
- Experience in training teams.
- Good financial management skills (P&L’s, forecasting, staff planning, budgets, spend etc).
- Strong grasp for numbers – analytically minded.
- Performance driven / focused.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives.
- Ability to write comprehensive insights.
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Training and presentation skills (team-building and talent development).
- At home with the digital media and social media landscape.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Quality assurance.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Exercise authority effectively.
- Emotional intelligence.
- A passion for the online industry.
- A true paid media enthusiast!
- Extensive knowledge in DCM, DBM, DS, AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Direct Buys, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
WHY SPROUT PERFORMANCE?
- With enough drive and ambition, you can develop your own career path and chart your own course;
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in web and social advertising;
- We know retail e-Commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech savvy and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- Offices based at the Woodstock Exchange in Cape Town and the gorgeous suburbs of Randburg in Jo’burg, we are in a really epic part of town;
- Internet so fast it will make your head spin;
- A ‘Take what you need’- leave policy;
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- We offer a Medical Aid Subsidy too!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance (T&C’s apply)
- Quarterly team building events aka Sproutings! and the list goes on…
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations & notice period
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.