HR Manager | Cape Town
Who is Sprout Performance in a nutshell?
Sprout Performance is the first fully integrated performance focused digital media agency in Africa. We deliver performance in partnership by building valuable relationships between people, data and businesses. In addition, we are a leading performance partner and Google technology specialist.
Sprout Performance differentiates itself by approaching digital media across the full media mix, by optimising from the awareness phase to the conversion phase across all channels. We look at the role of the channel and the phase of the campaign, adapting creative copy and bidding strategies, (across device), in order to make sure we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right time, at the right price. We apply data-driven digital marketing in a customer first world.
Why should you apply at Sprout Performance?
- We are an agency that values their people and recognise that people come first!
- We have leaders who are teachers and truly care about your growth and success as an individual;
- Our leaders are exceptionally involved and committed. Most importantly they LISTEN!
- Our business might be niche but how we lead and grow our teams is our forte – careers at Sprout Performance are tailor-made to suit your goals and aspirations;
- We build our agency around our people and their talents;
- We pioneer the first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in digital media advertising;
- We know retail e-commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech-savvy, agile and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- A culture of collaboration, learning, growth, and technology;
- A place where you are always challenged and free to explore new and exciting tech;
- We uplift and transfer skills not only to our own teams but make a big deal of uplifting our communities who do not have the opportunity to learn in the digital space;
- A ‘Take what you need’ leave policy aka unlimited leave days; (T&Cs apply)
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- All permanent employees are eligible to join the medical aid scheme and have a wellness evaluation each year at our offices;
- No time to deal with your personal finances? Chat with our in-house finance partner for free financial advice!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance;
- We want people to join our team who are not only smart but are super curious!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an HR Manager, who will contribute largely to the overall success of the agency and its workforce through focusing on talent management, learning, and development, culture and employee relations. The HR Manager is also someone who will facilitate in the way work is organised and executed by delivering administrative efficiency to ensure a more cost-effective way of working whilst maintaining a high caliber of work.
Purpose of the Role:
- Talent Management / Skills Development – Grow, retain and attract A-team players.
- Culture and employee engagement – champion Sprout’s people philosophies and ensure we are building on our culture and living our values, day-in-day-out
- Transformation – Ensure B-BBEE strategy is in place yearly and groundwork done before verification.
- Leadership – Train and guide junior and mid team members to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Lead a successful HR department that delivers the needs of a changing organisation.
- Responsible for the execution of short/ mid/ long term strategies and deliverables that support business growth.
- Drive the implementation of Sprout’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Responsible for the promotion of Sprout’s Employee Value Proposition through recruitment and onboarding.
- Oversee the acquisition, onboarding, and engagement of new employees across all functions and regions.
- Take part and be highly involved in annual performance reviews
- Responsible for talent mapping and talent development
- Governance and compliance (H&S, BEE, EE, WSP), strong stakeholder relationships and people management;
- Oversee and review monthly payroll.
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Consult and advise management and staff on Labour Relations issues.
- Diploma / Degree in human resources or industrial psychology or similar.
- Must be operating in a people-centric role.
- Experience in leading a small team.
- Experience in a digital media agency highly advantageous.
- Outstanding people skills.
- High in confidence
- A self-starter
- Strong industry knowledge a bonus
- Thorough understanding of technical roles
- Strong relationship building and influencing abilities.
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems;
- High level of business acumen;
- Sound decision-making skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to grow and develop a small team.
- Ability to work with a high degree of responsibility.
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion when dealing with people.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV, and a short description as to why we should invite you for an interview.
Please include your notice period and salary expectations
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit sproutperformance.bamboohr.com.