SEO Strategist | Cape Town
Sprout Performance is a South African performance media buying agency run by young, bright, career-driven individuals who excel in their field of expertise. An impressive client list featuring prominent local e-Commerce brands and established Financial Services Institutions together with a progressive approach of transparent performance media buying strategies have made Sprout Performance the local frontrunner in the industry.
In a nutshell: several high-end e-Commerce brands are coming on board and Sprout Performance is looking to grow the SEO Team to service them. We are hiring ambitious individuals who want to shoot the lights out to ensure clients are well looked after.
We are looking for an SEO Strategist who will assist with setup of tasks, create and implement SEO strategies, conduct health checks, compile reports and reporting insights. This role reports directly to the Head of Sprout Lite/SEO
As an SEO Strategist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Technical Auditing – conduct, interpret and present technical findings in a clearly defined SEO audit.
- Content Auditing – conduct, interpret and present elements such as keyword research, competitor analysis, (assist with) content strategies/plans.
- Website Architecture – create and recommend URL structure changes to improve SEO efforts of a website.
- Technical Checks – conduct weekly health checks, make recommendations and fixes according to SEO best practices
- Tracking – be able to interpret and present data insights, setup GA, GTM & SC, monitor tracking, create URL tagging and train juniors in tracking.
- SEO Strategy – create complete SEO strategies unique for each client.
- Mobile SEO – understand mobile SEO best practices and be able to implement.
- Video SEO – make recommendations on video SEO best practices
- Google Penalties – understand all Google Penalties, be able to explain to client and provide an action plan to fix website against any penalties.
- Monthly Reports – create monthly reports, analyse data and present reports to clients.
- Weekly Reports – create weekly reports, analyse data and report back to client.
- SEO best practices (go-to-person) – be a person the team can come to for SEO best practices.
- Blogging – blog on a regular basis for the company blog on SEO related topics.
- Research/Reading – read/research SEO daily and feedback insights and knowledge into the team on a regular basis (including presenting to the company when needed/asked).
- Degree & relevant qualification
- 2-3 Years relevant industry experience
- Google Analytics Certified (advantageous, but not required)
- Great understanding of SEO best practices
- Be able to fulfil all above-mentioned tasks with complete proficiency.
- Effective Time Management – Meet deadlines
- Good Administrative Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Good written & oral communication
- SEO reporting & insights into data analysis
WHY SPROUT PERFORMANCE?
- With enough drive and ambition, you can develop your own career path and chart your own course;
- We pioneer first-world tech in Africa, participate in as many beta tests Google can throw our way and nail many South Africa firsts in web and social advertising;
- We know retail e-Commerce in South Africa better than anyone else. We know the benchmarks and our clients love us for it;
- We are tech savvy and embrace change that makes for more efficient outcomes;
- Based in Woodstock Exchange we are in a really snazzy part of town;
- Parking! I know right? Actual off-street parking in Cape Town;
- Internet so fast it will make your head spin;
- A ‘Take what you need’- leave policy (T&C’s apply);
- Catered lunches every Thursday and cake, so much cake!
- We offer a Medical Aid Subsidy too!
- Discretionary annual bonuses for excellent performance (T&C’s apply)
- Quarterly team building events aka Sproutings! the list goes on…
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above and would like to make us aware of your interest in joining this very cool business – please send your CV to Angela Lopes, [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations and notice period
*Note that if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.